Professionals & Practitioners
SCCR is a national resource promoting and supporting best practice in family conflict resolution and early intervention.
PROF/PRAC/VOL Conflict Resolution Session Series - Conflict Response Styles
13 December 2022 | 12:00 - 12:45
PROF/PRACT/VOL EVENT - CR Series - Understanding Emotions: Anxious & Afraid
10 January 2023 | 08:30 - 09:30
PROF/PRACT/VOL EVENT - Conflict Resolution Series - Feeling Connected
11 January 2023 | 12:00 - 12:45
PARENT/CARER EVENT - Conflict Resolution Series - Growing Up Is Never Easy
12 January 2023 | 19:00 - 19:45
PARENT/CARER EVENT-Conflict Resolution Series - Cranial Cocktail
17 January 2023 | 12:00 - 12:45
PARENT/CARER EVENT - Conflict Resolution Series - Difficult Conversations
18 January 2023 | 19:00 - 19:45
Talking About Conflict
Conflict can arise when there are disagreements over: views, values or actions and interests or needs are not being met. Conflict can also be an opportunity for change. The SCCR offers a range of conflict resolution training options.
I sometimes think mediation is like going to the dentist...Alison, Mediator
For mediation to be successful you have to want to find a resolution and you have to want to find a solution.Drew, Mediator
SCCR exists to provide support and resources for young people and families experiencing conflict along with the practitioners and mediators who work with them. We will:
- Gather the views of young people, parents, families, and carers
- Survey the front-line staff, organisations and stakeholders
- Work with local authorities and other statutory and voluntary organisations
- Support front-line staff in their needs
- Maintain and develop relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Host five free national conferences and 20 free seminars
- Run 40 training events focusing on local and issue specific needs
- Undertake a national campaign to raise awareness
- Develop a rich, useful and interactive online web platform
We are developing collaborative relationships and resources to assist professionals and practitioners throughout Scotland.
Follow @SCCRCentre on twitter for more updates and news.
Our community discussion is a great place to get help and advice on a wide range of subjects.